A passage from Steinhöfel "The Middle of the World
>> He was wonderful, Phil He was the most wonderful man you could imagine. The best. <<
>> The words hit me like common shocks. Before my eyes flash blood red and gold stars. >> If he was so wonderful, why did you let it sit? <<
>> He did not <<, kommt es aus dem Dunkel. >> That he loved me too much. <<
[...]>> He was so gentle> <<, höre ich sie sagen. > When he touched a flower, she began to flourish shortly after, I swear to you, Phil I've seen. Once, we visited a circus. We went to the cages by the big cats, and the animals that had just roared and were still running up and down, lay down quietly, barely got that in their vicinity. Your father picked through the bars and stroked the head of a lion. He was not afraid. <<
>> My chest is too narrow for my heart sniping. <<
>> Dianne was just like he <<, sagte die Dunkelheit. >> equally sensitive. When she was little, she could hear what the world breathes, just like your father. Therefore, I considered it just as vulnerable. Therefore, I wanted to protect them. <<
>> My hands close tighter around the book, so tight that my fingernails dug deeply into the binding.
>> went from here? <<, flüstere ich.
>> I was pregnant. From that moment on, your father has I not only loved, he adores me. He was as pleased as a child and planned our future. He wanted to marry me. He wanted to build us a house. And all he had done. <<
Steinhöfel Andreas: The Middle of the World (p. 442f)
0 comments:
Post a Comment